Friday, April 17, 2009

The Infestation, Year 2

Can you call two spiders an Infestation? Hell yes.

I found the second spider of the season in the new house the other morning. It was a different variety than the first. Which I found about two weeks ago in the cats' food dish. That one was an outdoor variety, something lime green with a white belly. And it makes some sense, as the cat dish is directly under the kitchen window. Which had been open the night before I found the creature. So I'm betting that's when he crawled in.

This new one was very small and mottled brown. And super fast. Too quick to smoosh. Not sure what exact variety it was, but give me a little time and I'm sure I'll have a name for this one as well. Out of necessity, I'm starting to become an expert on spiders.

Then, earlier this week I was at the Dreamboat's house and there was a spider on the underside of the toilet bowl. It must be that I'm developing some kind of "spider sense," because I NEVER look UNDER the toilet bowl. But it was there, and I saw it, and it was late, and I was tired....

...And I screamed.

I'm normally not a screamer, but it was a Big One. And the cutest thing was, the Dreamboat, he totally come running to make sure I was OK. Even in his weakened and nearly broken state, he smooshed and flushed the spider.

He is now the Official Spider Smoosher. He's on my speed dial.

No comments: