Friday, June 13, 2008

Good News on Friday the 13th!

I just was just given some very good news. First, a little background: I work 2 jobs, one is a retail-type job and the other is an office-type job. Sometimes the hours do suck, but it all works out in the end, as I can pay my bills and manage to have a little fun.

On to the news--My annual review for my office-type job was yesterday. I was hired to work under a two year contract, which was extended last year for another 12 months (with me so far, good). I just learned today, in fact mere minutes ago, that they have decided to waive my contract terms altogether and keep me around until something permanent and full time opens up!

This news is very welcomed, as last week I was passed over for a promotion at my retail-type job. And even though I wasn't expecting to get it, it still sucks to be told you are not good enough. But I am good enough. And I'm smart enough. And dog-gone-it, people like me!

No comments: