Thursday, February 26, 2009

Maven

Apparently, I'm somewhat of a Maven, according to Malcolm Gladwell and his book "The Tipping Point." What is a "Maven," you ask? Well, "those who are intense gatherers of information and impressions, and so are often the first to pick up on new or nascent trends." Not to toot my own horn or anything....

Except, I'm a Maven that hardly anybody takes seriously. The Dreamboat loaded this music video on my laptop a few months ago. Great concept, really interesting and visual story, and the music was pretty catchy. Yeah, Babe, remember when I played this EXACT SAME SONG on your stereo, oh maybe 7 MONTHS AGO.

Or, how about this band, Kings Of Leon. Ever heard of them? Yeah, friends and co-workers, that's right. I was telling you about them 4 YEARS AGO.

And Knitting? Yeah, it's cool again. I could have told you that 2 YEARS AGO.

So, here and now, I'm going to start posting THINGS YOU NEED TO PAY ATTENTION TO. That's the new tag. Because Red is the New Black is the New Pink? I was so totally there before you were.

No comments: