Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Terror Tuesday

I was really hesitant to post this, as being a potential bunny-killer is not something you should bandy about. But, it is my life and this is my blog so here it is.

I stayed over and slept late. If I had not stayed over, or if I had gotten out of bed when I was supposed to, the following would not have taken place.

Since I was the last to leave, I let the dog out. She was good for a bit, then she started barking. Turns out a bunny had crawled into a flower bed and was trapped behind a fence. So the dog is chasing it, but can't get to it. But then she found the hole in the fence and busted through to corner the bunny. So this Mighty Black Labrador Hunter has the prey cornered, and she's a little confused about exactly what is supposed to happen next. I used this as my opportunity to grab the scruff of her neck.

She went with me perfectly willingly into the house. But by this time the BunBun was so tweaked, it was sprawled out in the snow, in shock. With the dog in the house, I went back to check on it. And, I shouldn't be typing this, but I may have poked it with a stick to see if it was alive. It looked at me like, "Really? Like I haven't been through ENOUGH shit today."

The adorable lab is completely blameless in this situation, as she was running on instinct. I was able to restrain her quite easily, and this just proves how she is a Very Well Behaved Dog. The new human in her life, unfortunately, apparently has nothing resembling an "instinct" and this morning very nearly Lost Her Shit worrying about the life or death struggle of a garden pest.

2 comments:

Hannah said...

Bunny Boiler! cottontail killer!Thumper Stomper!

Nahh just kidding. I'm sure the bunny hopped on his way and at this very minute is reagiling his bunny friends with his narrow escape and Indiana Jones like adventure.

Susie Q said...

Seriously you poked it with a stick??BAHAHAHAHA!!! That is frickin hysterical. I wish I could have been there to see it! Smooches