Monday, February 23, 2009

This Should Have Been Post No. 1

Somebody Tagged me through Facebook with the “25 Random Things,” And I thought it might be fun to post them here. Also, aside from the moving/packing posts, I was kinda running out of material.

So, here they are in no particular order….Ok, that is totally a lie, I cut and pasted the shit out of this list.

1. I lived in the same house for 19 years. My parents still live there and I will always consider it Home. They are not allowed to move. Ever.

2. Skiing, both downhill and cross country, is the only sport I’m any good at.

3. It took 29 years for me to meet the man who is the same level of neurotic as me. I have learned this is Essential in a relationship because this way, nobody has to be the Big Crazy.

4. My love for chocolate boarders on the scary.

5. I grew up with dogs, but never considered myself a “dog person” until I met a sweet lab named Sophie, then one named Molly, a mutt named Ronald, one crazy doofus named Duke (although, I'm pretty sure he's part moose), and most recently an adorable Bella.

6. I am completely in love with my nephew, and I feel so fortunate to live close enough to be a part of his life.

7. I developed early, but bloomed late.

8. I like the BBC better than American radio.

9. My Sister and I weren't as close when we were younger. This is mostly my fault, thinking I was the “cooler” older sister. Our relationship changed for the better when she called and said she had an extra ticket to a Dave Matthews concert.

10. I am a scary creature of habit. Sometimes I like to mix it up, though, and get a mocha with caramel instead of just a plain ol’ mocha. I be crazy like that.

11. I read SciFi.

12. I don’t like Ohio.

13. My Brother is the most solid person I know. He doesn't know this, but his phone calls helped me get through college.

14. I had Unfortunate Perm Years.

15. My Bro, my Sister and I have names that start with the same initial. I love it, and plan to do the same to my kids.

16. My cats have helped me cope with more sad days than I can count.

17. The longest I ever lived with the same person, other than family, was 4½ years. Then Ohio took her away. This is why I have issues with Ohio.

18. When I moved to Metro Detroit, I got a job within 10 days working at a bookstore. This was the best thing I ever did, as some of my co-workers have turned into some of my dearest friends. Including the person I talk to Nearly Every Day on the phone. Then Ohio took her away, too. Stupid Ohio.

19. I tell a story like my mom, very long and with way too many details.

20. I believe Monsters exist, and not all of them are cute like Elmo.

21. I love Green.

22. My Grandma shared her talent with me, and I’m so grateful for that. Also, she told me the secret ingredient to her delicious home-made bread.

23. I adored my AP English teacher in High School. His belief in my ability to write inspired me not to quit. My first book is so totally going to be dedicated to him. Also, thanks to him, I can still quote “Hamlet.”

24. In elementary school, I wore Shiny Purple Spandex Capri pants with a Bright Yellow T-shirt…and thought I was Hot Shit. Because I had a friend who would wear HER Shiny Blue Spandex Capri pants with her matching Bright Yellow T-shirt.

25. The two people on this planet who know The Most about me are my Brother and my Sister. I wouldn’t have it any other way.

If you read the entire list, consider yourself Tagged. Make your list, send me the link.
Do It To It, Chickies.

No comments: