Thursday, June 18, 2009

All Day Review

I've just had my third meeting of the day. All in regards to my annual review. And the only way three meetings over your review could be bearable, is if all of them were positive. I may dislike this job, but man, do I love this company!

The first meeting went something like this: "Your performance is Excellent. You do great work. But maybe you should work on getting to the office before 10:30am."

The second meeting was after my supervisor meet with the HR guy, who apparently loves me, and it went a little something like this: "The HR guy says since you show up on a fairly regular basis, and complete projects by deadline, you deserve Excellent on this point as well. Also, what can we do to make your stay more enjoyable?"

And the final meeting was to discuss the eventual end of my employment. I use "eventual" very loosely, as I was hired on a 12 month contract and have worked at this place for over 4 Years: "So you've worked here 4 years, and are planning on starting Grad school in a completely unrelated field, how about just one more year with us? I'll try to get you a nice, big raise."

Thank you, that would be lovely.

No comments: