Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Oh, That Kwame!

So, I've often thought that parts of my life would make a great sitcom. Like the bookstore I work at (seriously, one can only hear "Um, can I buy this book here?" or "Where are your restrooms?" so many times before they start to loose their sanity), with crazy customers and even crazier co-workers.

Last week, Detroit became the basis for the sitcom in my head. Or, I should say, our great mayor-Hizonner-made us proud once again. I stopped at my coffee place downtown on my way to work, and on the TVs in the cafe, they had the live coverage of Kwame's bond trial-whatever. He was facing jail time. When I got to the office, I heard over the cube walls, "Kwame's going to the Clink!" I laughed so hard.
Then I was very sad. This man is beyond belief. I just don't understand how our mayor can't see the damage he is doing to the great city of Detroit. Then I'm reminded of our great president. And the lesson I've learned today is, idiocy crosses party lines.


1 comment: