Thursday, August 7, 2008

The Pressure Is Too Much For Me

So, my sister-in-law just went in to labor. Like, as I'm typing she's getting her epidural.

She went to the doc early this morning, and everybody thought it was (another) false alarm. But they sent her to the hospital and started monitoring her. I thought she'd be home by this afternoon, but I was wrong. My nephew and godson (that we've been calling Baby Pickle) is on his way, 18 days early.

When my Bro called with a status update and said this was it, I totally panicked! I'm all like, "Ok, where do I need to be? What do I need to do? Should I bring anything?" And my Bro, totally cool, 'cause he can deal with high pressure situations being a cop and all, laughed at me.

And I'm all like, "Dude this is serious! I'm the Godmother! Where do I need to be?!"

My Bro's reply-"I'll call you when it's closer. She's doing great, everything's fine."

And then I realized (and not for the first time) that I am NO GOOD at high-pressure situations. My Bro just got off a 12-hour shift, came home to a wife in labor, drove her to the doctor's, and he's totally calm. He's going to be a New Father, and I'm freakin about being the godmother. Now I know why they pick 2 godparents.

No comments: