Saturday, October 18, 2008

Air Quotes Of Doom

A majority of blogs that I read have made reference to the last presidential debate. I didn't really want to weigh in on that issue here, as this is a happy place where I laugh at my own misadventures.

When I watched the debate on Thursday, I had an almost physical reaction when John McCain used air quotes when speaking about the "health" of a pregnant woman (I'm sure you've all seen it by now, but just in case, here's the link). I thought, at first, that my reaction was a bit over the top. But after reading the blogs of some very articulate women, I realized that many, many women had the same reaction that I did.

I don't mean to open the can of worms that is the abortion debate. My reaction was on a simple, primal level--and it was this, John McCain must have a very low opinion of women. To simply dismiss an entire gender, and their right to chose to live, burns me up in so many ways......GRRRR.

So, here, I'm saying what many other women are saying--If you have a uterus, think very seriously about the kind of man you want to be our next President.

1 comment:

Susie Q said...

Amen sister amen. I will NOT be voting for McCain.