Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Checking My Ego At The Door

As I was walking to get lunch today, somebody asked me for directions. Some stranger, who was lost and wondering the streets of Detroit, saw me and thought, "hmm, this person looks like she knows what's what, perhaps I'll ask her for directions." The irony is, I stare at maps all day, so usually I do know where things are.

I just find it funny, because I never look like I know where I'm going. I hardly look like I know where I am. My face has this tendancy to form itself to match whatever is running through my brain. And I usually look confused. At least that's how it feels.

So, I am able to give the polite stranger directions and I now Feel Very Important and Smart.

Until I get caught in the revolving door to my building.

This is an image I took this spring at the Downtown Hoedown. Man, do I love this town!

No comments: