Friday, January 30, 2009

Dogs Are Weird

Last night I went to the Dreamboat's house to hide from the Blues. The Blues have chosen a prime spot above my bed, so that whenever I lay down my head, I'm completely overwhelmed. I warned him that I wasn't up for much conversation, and that I really just wanted to knit. He was fine with that, told me to bring it over and we could just watch a movie.

It was kind of a big deal, as I've never actually brought knitting over before (and no, that's not some kind of metaphor). But we both snuggled in, and it was comfortable. That's the only way to describe it. Until his dog made things a little awkward....

She shoved her snout right into my yarn bag in inhaled so deeply I thought we were going to be pulling strings out of her nose. What a weird dog. The cats love the yarn. They sit on it and bat it around, but they certainly don't try to inhale it. To this dog, orange wool-blend yarn is like crack, and she couldn't get enough. She just sat at my feet and stared intently at my hands, watching every little move I made. Very unnerving, I tell you.

This is probably why I'm a cat person.

No comments: