Monday, March 30, 2009

Please Hold While...I Punch You In The Neck

Just called to switch over some utility service for the new house, and spent a good 10 minutes being MIS-directed by the automated menus. Yeah, fine whatever, you're switching to "something" that will eventually make "something" better. Whatever. Right now, I just want to drive down to Indiana and punch you in the neck.

Also, once I give up trying to navigate said menus and request to speak to a Person (who turned out to be very Pleasant and Helpful), please do not require this very nice and competent person to direct me, yet again, to another "helpful" service menu. One, I might add, that is the new, "more convenient" kind that makes you speak out your selections. Now everyone in my office thinks I'm some kind of nutter that shouts out random words for no apparent reason. This just wiped away previous gratitude I had for the operator.

Hmmm, the protein smoothie I had for lunch may have had a dash of rage in it.

No comments: