Friday, March 13, 2009

Random Friday

Twitter; Know It, Use It, Love It.

What follows is a totally random collection of things from Twitter and Facebook that I've found today. I'm not even going to post about the Stewart v. Cramer fiasco (funny, but oh so over-exposed). Here's some other stuff.

Puppy Love
This Little Puppy tweets. I don't know much about the situation, but this little dog has only about a month to live. It appears as if she has lived a very full and happy life, but her final wish is to have 1,000 followers on Twitter. I think I became #634 earlier today. It's so adorable, I cried a little.

Elmo Loves Ricky
But then this, posted on Facebook made me laugh again. Thanks K.
Sorry that I cannot imbed it at this time, hopefully later. It is Ricky Gervaise talking to Elmo. Things get a little out of hand. But I guess that's what you get when you put a puppet and a British Comedian on set together.

This Is One Kind Of Onion I Could Love
So, in case you missed it, I've been moving recently. I found a VHS copy of "The Princess Bride," and I just can't bring myself to get rid of it. Then The Onion posted this article, and now I know I'll never be able to get rid of it. It's a short article, so I'll just copy it.

Area Dad Botches 'Princess Bride' Quote
March 13, 2009
Issue 45•11

LIVONIA, NY—Mere hours after watching Rob Reiner's classic 1987 film The Princess Bride with his children, area father William Loomis badly botched some of the most familiar lines from the movie, sources reported Monday. "My friend Laura came over and my dad greeted her at the door by saying, 'Hello. I am Diego Montoya. You killed my father. Now you will die,'" said Loomis' 17-year-old daughter Erica. "Then at dinner he started waving his wine glass and yelling, 'irreconcilable!' over and over again in this sort of Elmer Fudd voice. That's not even the right speech impediment." Loomis has a history of bungling well-known cultural references, most notably in 1985 when he spent all summer asking family members, "Where's the meat?"

I can never remember quotes from movies, and I'm always asking, "What is that from?" But 'The Princess Bride' is the only movie I can quote. Apparently its the only movie Nearly Everybody in America can quote.

No comments: