Friday, December 5, 2008

Have You Read The News Today?

Well, I have and it's EFFING DEPRESSING!

Not a single happy story to be found. CNN, NYT, Detroit Free Press--all just DOOM AND GLOOM. "More jobs lost." "More people unemployed than previously reported." "How are you cutting costs this holiday?" "Worst since the last time it was really bad!"

And to start my day off, my alarm woke me up from a dream where my grandfather was just about to tell me something. It would have been nice to know what he would have said. I've had him on my mind a lot lately, as this will be the first Christmas we've had without him. The first Christmas that will not be celebrated at The Farm.

What would he make of the mess we find ourselves in? What advice would he give? Guaranteed it would have been followed with a Little Debbie. And a hug.

I could sure use one of those hugs right about now...

No comments: