Sunday, December 28, 2008

Try the '08, I heard it was a good year...

I've heard through friends that people I never thought would read my blog, are reading my blog. They are reading my blog, and they think I'm funny. These are some pretty cool people I'm talking about, and I'm flattered. It's just, man, that is a lot of pressure.

It's also...I started this for me. It took seven months for it to really sink in--The Internet, it ain't private. Like one of those things that you "know," but it takes a while for you to "get."

A lot of shit has happened this year. Some of it I wrote about here, more of it I didn't. I didn't write about it for various reasons. First among them is because I DON'T EVER WANT TO HURT THOSE THAT I LOVE. And writing about certain things would hurt them very much.

Not five minutes ago, I sent a message to someone that I used to respect. I wish I could write about it here, but really, I would just be venting. And about two months ago, somebody I care about was put in a situation where they felt threatened because of something I wrote. This blog has never been about airing a list of grievances, but many times I've come very close to doing just that.

So, here I am, half into a bottle of wine, wishing I had a little more nerve and a much thicker skin.

No comments: