Thursday, December 18, 2008

That's Not My Name

Two adorable little boys have adopted me as their aunt. I watch them Wednesday nights, and usually I'll bring a movie for them to watch as I make dinner. A few weeks ago, I brought Wall-e. It was a hit.
Such a big hit that now whenever the 3-year old catches sight of me, he asks, "Aunt Toots, watch Wall-e?" Which after abour five repetitions turns into "Toots, Wall-e?"

And the 2-year old, he repeats EVERYthing he hears, has dropped the "Toots" part. He calls me Wall-e. "Wall-e, juice?" "Wall-e, get me?"

It took me a little to catch on that he wasn't talking about the movie, he was actually talking to me. Which means that since I answered him (regardless of what I said), I must be Wall-e.

Say my name, say my name.--Sing it, Beyonce....

1 comment:

Susie Q said...

Ahhhhh Wall-E you were mentioned today when the doorbell rang(it was Kim Jesse's girlfriend) the boys were VERY sad it wasn't you. I told them you would be back in a couple of weeks...after Christmas.