Wednesday, December 3, 2008

On to a more serious subject...

TiVo Guilt.

I'll admit it, I'm a former sufferer. CNN has an article about it. And the New York Times wrote about something related, that happy people don't watch TV.

Oh, how I loved our DVR. Then I moved and chose to give up not only the DVR, but cable TV as well. It took about 4 months (granted these were summer months, with crappy programming), but I got used to not having the TV on. So used to it in fact, that I still sometimes forget that now I can watch 'Ghost Hunters' on Wednesday night. On the TV, and not on the internets.

So, with the economy in the crapper, I'm giving you permission--Nay--Ordering you, America; Drop the remote and pick up a book. Or turn on your stero and do a little dance (in the privacy of your own homes, please). We all need to be happy and feel less guilt. We need to "get in the spirit of the Holidays." (Unless you intend to watch ABCfamily 25 days of Christmas. Or Rudolph. Or Charlie Brown Christmas.) (When are those on again? Oh, shit! Are Rudolph and Charlie Brown on at the same time?! If I had a DVR, I could watch one, and tape the other...)

....Do you see the evil of this device?! I don't even have it anymore, and Oh the Hold it has on me still....

No comments: