Friday, November 7, 2008

I Love You More Than a Beef and Bean Burrito

Last week was my brother's birthday. The family didn't celebrate other than the usual phone calls. I'm hoping when we're all home for Christmas, we'll do some sort of group party, as four of the five of us have birthdays within two months of each other (apologies if that was confusing).

I felt a little guilty that I didn't make a big deal of his birthday this year. Not that I usually make a production out of it, but still, feeling a little guilty.

Then I realized, this is probably the best birthday he's ever had. Because this year, he celebrates his birthday as some body's father. I saw him with his son the other day. It was just amazing, the amount of love for that baby. And that little guy just looked up at his daddy and smiled. How can any material present ever compare.

Happy Birthday, Bro.

No comments: